Saturday, August 25, 2012

 EXPERIENCE AT CAPITAL IQ:

            Capital IQ was the second company that came to our college. We had a very good impression on the company and many of us wanted to get into it because it offers 4-2 project for students who get placed into it.They had four job profiles open to us(Data Base Administrator,Business Analyst,Quality Analyst and Software Developer) . We were allowed to chose any two of the job profiles and give them priority. I gave BA as my first priority and DBA as next. So we had written round consisting of math(for all profiles), databases(DBA), BA questions(Describe how to design an online library, questions on GUI...) and few coding questions.
            The second round was a group discussion on general topics among the selected candidates from written round. We had this topic 'India in Olympics' because it was Olympics time. The other group had 'India on the red carpet'. GD was pretty good,almost everyone spoke and very few candidates were eliminated.Then we had interviews and i can tell you that it was the best interview i ever had. My interviewer Bhaskar was jolly good person.He asked me some Software Engineering and then many other general questions(Do you use facebook? What differences you found between Facebook and Orkut? I was squinting and trying to answer then he suddenly asked me if i remember Orkut. Overall it was funny)
            Then all the other rounds were at the Capital IQ office building.We got pretty tensed but fortunately our senior helped us through everything.I had my interview before lunch and my interviewer was a strict man.He asked me to use white board and explain login process. Questions like what if i was a friend of Mark Zuckerburg and he came up with this idea of facebook.How would we proceed and some questions about my project. I was so dazed and just hoped i wouldn't trip down and fall while coming out of the cabin. Then we had lunch( sumptuous one). To my surprise i was called for the next round.This time i was not very tensed and i answered all my interviewer questions( Though i got them wrong).He asked me if i know some shares and stuff because CapitalIQ gives analytics for financial companies.
            Never mind i couldn't get into Capital IQ but it was worth an experience.I can tell that this experience got me into Oracle.  Two of my friends sneha and vinay got into Capital IQ and i was happy for them.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment